MAISON SLIMANE


I'm not going to get into the fights fan girls and fan boys are having because the new logo looks like Gap logo and blah blah blah. I think that is kinda silly. If you remember before the brand was called Yves Saint Laurent it was called just Saint Lauren.
So Mr. Slimane did some changes. Was it good? I don't really know! It was a very interesting choice for replacing Pilati. A really bold choice. Because if you don't know Hedi Slimane never designed womenswear publicly! So why the hell was he hired in the first place? Some one must have seen something! Something very good I hope. Talk about excitement to see that show. Now that Raf Simons presented his first Dior show all eyes are on Hedi Slimane and Maison Saint Laurent.
I can see why Slimane did this. Going back to the past but looking into the future. I know, I know, but I'm not so sure about it. I don't mind so much about the name change. Nicola Formichetti did the same when he started at Mugler. He dropped the Thierry. And I think that's fine, dropping the Yves, for more freedom of creation and letting go of the ghost Yves was on the brand. But they didn't change the logo! And I can see why, it's so fucking iconic. They didn't change the logo and that doesn't really makes sense for me. If you want change, change it all. 
I can't express my exciment over Hedi Slimane collection. I know it's going to be very different from what we are used to. Aaah, who am I kidding. Nobody fucking knows. Please, can't Paris fashion week come any sooner?


///