FASHION COMMA

Dior haute couture by Raf Simons Spring 2013

I was really excited to see Raf Simons second take on haute couture. And it's complicated. I do like it. I really do. But it's not evolving the way I wanted him to. This show is a continuation of his last couture show. And I get how he is mixing haute couture with ready to wear but it's just not right. The lines between rtw and hc at Dior are getting too thin, too blurred. I love his aesthetic but can he move from his rigid minimalistic style and create something epic? I mean, more epic? When I hear that fashion is in a creative comma and look at collections I have to agree. Raf's couture shows were very similar. And after one season I want to see something new. Otherwise it gets boring. 

Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane fall/winter 2013
Others disaventurous are Hedi Slimane's menswear collection. I mean, there's no words. It's just a big, fat LAWL. What can I say? I had a feeling that he wouldn't do Saint Laurent justice and I hate to say it (NOT!), I was right. Take a look at his menswear collection. It's just so sad. It looks like GAP and ZARA from five years ago. It's sad. I miss Stefano.


///

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário