THE FALL IN THE REST OF PORTUGAL

Felipe Oliveira Baptista F/W 2012-2013
Meam by Ricardo Preto F/W 2012-2013
Story Tailors F/W 2012-2013

Portugal is a very special country. Portugal unlike Milan, Paris, London and NY has two separated fashion weeks. The first one gets more press than the second but the second is always better than the first. Why do Portugal has two fashion weeks? It's a mistery I'll never understand. Maybe it's because we have so much talent that we have to split fashion week in two events. 
Anyway Portugal Fashion happaned and like I said it is always better than Lisbon fashion week. From the atmosphere to the designers and the clothes... everything is better in Portugal second fashion week. And since I wrote about Lisbon fashion week it is only fair of me to say something about Portugal Fashion. So let's start!
Felipe Oliveira Baptista was amazing. So good! The textures, the shapes, the colours... I can't even start. It's so difficult to write about something you really like. You can't find good enough adjectives! It felt so good to finally see something that really felt like a real collection. This was a collection that would fit just like a glove in London fashion week. There, I said it. Amazing job!
Then, Meam by Ricardo Preto was really cute. Cute was the word. He had a lot of ideas and you could see that in the clothes. There were many different looks walking on the catwalk. It was a little too fresh for winter in my opinion. Some of the looks made me think about H&M. Those are the kind of clothes you go to H&M for.
Finally the Story Tailors had a great show as well. Again, this felt like a real collection from the first to the final look. I liked the helmet but I didn't understand why there was only two or three models with it on. The collection would have looked a lot tougher with all of them using it. It's was not difficult for me to dye for the white dresses. You know, because I'm suffering from a white addiction. The shapes reminded me of corsets mixed with military uniforms. Really cool warriors. Well done.


///