MDNA

Madonna's Girl Gone Wild music video directed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

I've waited for Madonna's MDNA to come out so I could have a good listen to it. Before I say somting I have to confess that I like Madonna. I started this wishing for the best but expecting the worst. Sorry Madge.
Musicians have contracts and they have to put records out more frequently than they wish. When I heard Madonna was making a come back I thought it wasn't good. It was all too fast. The movie and all of a sudden a new album? It didn't felt right. So let's go straight to the point. Best thing about Madonna's comeback? The collaboration between her and Mert and Marcus - I was expecting a bit more from the Girl Gone Wild music video. The preview promised more, much more. And then it started to circulate a NSFW version of the video - it's the same, you just see an ass.
The song feels quite old, dated, very 2010's (let's be honest, the song is a total rip off of Sorry from Confessions On A Dancefloor). And don't even get me started about Give Me All Your Luvin'. It feels like it's a song for a teenager singer starting out, not for Madonna who has the biggest career in the industry. I could see Rebecca Black singing this, not Madonna. And you really feel that Nicki Minaj and MIA are there just to make the song longer. It's a catchy song, stays in your head, but I expect more from the queen. I think Madonna got stuck in the Confessions On The Dancefloor era. At that point it felt really new, really fresh at the time. Now, it's just plain blah. Again, all the album feels quite dated. 
And all the interviews she gave before the release of the record were really strange. It was like she was channeling old provocative Madonna who is 30 years old defying and daring everything and everyone. Girl, that's past. You've been a bad girl before. You stopped being a bad girl and became a woman. Get your shit together. So now coming back to the bad girl image with the crosses all over her seems a little bit staged and old.
I have to be honest and say that my favorite Madonna songs are the one that you feel she poured her heart and soul in it. Like I Deserve It, Nothing Fails, Easy Ride where you can see the lyrics says it all - and of course all the classics. I mean, when I think about Madonna I think about a legend. It's never easy to keep on going. Doing the next thing after being crown queen so long ago. It's a great responsibility. But sometimes you just need to stop if you don't have nothing new to say. She is in a stage of a career that she should do whatever she wants. And don't tell me that she felt like doing an album right after her movie, that she treasured so much, premiered.  
You really feel her need to be young and sexy all the time. It's so annoying. It's too much, we all know you're 50. It's not that 50 years old can't be sexy. They can but not like a 20 years old. Please embrace your age and your long career and do things from your heart. And please embrace your body, stop using so much photoshop. You can see you on the streets, we know what you look like.
Bottom line: Lack of maturity and lack of content.

Favorite songs: Gang Bang and Some Girls.

ps: at the end of the Girl Gone Wild music video, Madonna crying was a little Gagaish don't you think?


///