THE FALL IN MILAN

Arizona Muse @ Roberto Cavalli F/W 2012-2013

Dark was the night. That's was the headline for this fashion week. The streets of Milan were dark and mysterious. Black is back, definitely. This fall, Milan, was the darkest city. Soldiers of all time and eras came on the runways fierce and almost sanguinary (dare I). The feeling I got from most of the shows, mostly Versace, was that this women warriors were coming back home after a long and hard battle. Yeah, Versace was big on that scenery. Forget the catwalk, imagine the girls in a huge group marching home, it's more appropriate.
That said, I have to say that I was expecting more of Milan. I mean, there were some great pieces but in general it was kind of...blah. Normally I get impressed really easy (don't know if that's a good or a bad thing) and this time nothing stroke me. I wasn't hit by fashion lightning like previously. 
The dress I thought was the most beautiful was made by Peter Dundas for Emilio Pucci. I stared at the dress for a couple of minutes and I knew it that it was going to be the high point of my experience in Milan this season. Typically I'm not a Pucci lover. But this collection, Dundas, really covered it up a little more (not that was needed, but was a nice change) and the sensuality changed. It was more sensual than the dresses from previous collections. But that's me and my love for transparency. 
Other surprise was Moschino. Like Pucci, I'm not a huge fan of Moschino but sometimes they just do it... I don't know. Sometimes it works for me. There were nothing at this fashion week that made me die, crawl, go to heave, etc. The thing this fashion week for me was the details... I was more fascinated by the details of the clothes than by the clothes itself.
Just in a few words to avoid being boring: Cavalli the same thing. Boring collection, cool dress. I like the fact that they all are really dark and mysterious. Makes me wonder who would wear them and what do they will have to hide behind their eyes. Moving on!

Saskia De Brauw @ Fendi F/W 2012-2013
So, Dolce and Gabbana... I'm going to be really honest. I think it's cheap. And the whole Italian/Sicilian women it's starting to become really boring. Cheap is not necessarily a bad thing. I like cheap, sometimes. The thing is that Mr. Dolce and Mr. Gabbana sometimes go too deep into the cheap well. That being said, I liked the details more than the dress itself, again. The same for most of the collection. After five looks I'm vomiting gold. But it wasn't as bad as the men. I really likes those white and blue shoes as well. 
In Giannini's collection things were better. But not great! I think Gucci was the only show that made me smile. Loved the leather, velvet (oh my god!). The mixing of the different textures was really interesting. The last dresses made me remember last fall. That is good and that is bad. It's good because I loved that collection. It's bad because it's last fall. They felt as they belonged in that collection and not in this one. But hat jumpsuit made me dream a little bit.
Back to Fendi. Big surprise, not expecting this animalistic vibe. So much fur! This contemporary cave woman look. Really liked that coat on Saskia. It reminds me of a butterfly or a moth's wings. And at last but not least there is Mr. Simons last collection for Jil Sander. The most beautiful thing was the set. Those flower arrangements! They were really beautiful. Some say it was a bit dramatic, some say it was beautiful. Much was written about the authenticity of the tears. Loved the metallic shades a shapes. The last three looks were amazing and this dress is really cute. Yes, cute is the right word. Let's wait for Paris. In Paris I always dream a little bigger.


///