SAD GOODBYES

Raf Simons last show for Jil Sander, F/W 2012-2013
Raf Simons left Jil Sander. This was quite a shock. I'm still surprised this happened. But when you think about the big picture it kind of makes sense. But, of course, it is not confirmed that he is going to Dior, blah, blah, blah. 
It's just sad to imagine Jil Sander without Mr. Simons. He's been there since 2005 and he set the bar really, really high. I think it's not very smart of Ms. Sander to return to the brand she created. I think it is not very smart of all the executives to do this move. A comeback in fashion? Jil Sander coming back? Jil who? Her work (if you can remember) it's not memorable. It's just sad. I don't know. I'm a huge fan of Jil Sander by Raf Simons and now it's over. Just let me be sad for a moment. Knowing this was his last show made it so emotional, at least for me. The runway... Raf Simons saying thanks at the end... Just emotional. 
Let's wait and see what Ms. Jil Sander does. Let's wait and see what does Raf Simons has to surprise us. I'm feeling that finally Dior has a designer. I'm already imagining his new collections for Dior. Don't blame me, it's his fault, he's a fucking genius.




///