THE SPRING IN NY

Proenza Schouler S/S 2013 stills















Proenza Schouler was the best of New York fashion week. No doubt about that. Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez season after season surprise me with these creations made in fashion heaven. They're collections are so contemporary, so fresh, so cool! You just want them all in your closet. 
I have to confess: I always prefer a/w collections but these is one hell of exception. Jack and Lazaro constantly prove that they deserve every single status they conquered so far.
I loved the colours! Those greens, those blues, THAT LEATHER IS TO DIE FOR! I felt some cool Mary Katrantzou vibes and even some McQueen Plato's collection atmosphere in some of the final outfits.
Best show of NY fashion week.

Speaking of Mary Katrantzou I also think I saw some brush strokes of her in Rodarte.  What a show that was. I was really surprise by the toughness of Mulleavy sisters. Did not expect that but liked it very, very much. Was very interesting to watch. I also felt that the neon is out there this spring. Rang and Bone also used a lot of these wonderful colours in their garments. 

Jeremy Scott S/S 2013 stills
And speaking of inspirations and vibes, Michael Kors was full of Prada's lateste menswear. When the show started the first thing that came to my mind was Prada's menswear show a few months ago. From the colours to the stripes. It's like he redesigned it to be more comercial and american. I liked it, though Muccia did a lot better. But it's nice to see Kors out of these Hollywood style.
Speaking of Prada: Thakoon was a awesome show as well. He's such a great designer. And yes, it reminded me of some of Miuccia older collections. I was expeting a little more from Altuzarra. Loved the shoes and the final looks of the show were the best ones for me. 

Jeremy Scott show was also a surprise for me. Usually it's too much for me but this time it was the right amount of craziness. Loved, repeat, LOVED the veils. It's just me or is anyone feeling this Bollywood vibe on NY fashion week? Anyway, loved the show, loved the veil, loved the gold. Loved, loved, loved. That total blue snake skin look is to die for. it made me want to buy Jeremy Scott which is not a common feeling.

Victoria Beckham S/S 2013 stills
Another hit was the Y-3 collection. Oh my God so androgenous. It was heaven in sporty fashion. It was like there was no gender and every piece could be worn by anyone. I mean, I'm not a very sporty person and I think I don't even have a pair of trainers or sweat pants in my closet but if that is the new sport clothes I in. Let's go to the gym!

To end things in greatness let's talk a little about Victoria Beckham. I think it's clear to everyone that's shes a good designer and she already proved that to everyone in the business. I'll go a bit far and say that this is her best collection to date. I loved it. It's so wearable and yet very contemporary. The first looks were a little shy but then she turn the volume up and the girls started to walk and those clothes were very, very interesting. So here it is, my first applause to Victoria Beckham.


///