HANGOVER

Courtney Love by Hedi Slimane for Saint Laurent
I'm starting to dislike Hedi Slimane. That's something I thought it'd never happen. But here we are.
I just don't know where to start... From destroying Yves Saint Laurent legacy in two seasons or from the casting of the new campaign.

It's important to get this straight: I'm not against change. I'm not against new beginings nor do I hold on to the past. Fashion is about future. But what's Hedi's doing at Saint Laurent, I'm sorry to break it to you in case you don't know it, it's not the future.

Said that, let's focus on the basic concept of the House that Saint Laurent build:  LUXURY.  Hedi's creations have nothing of luxury in them. They look like something that H&M or Pull&Bear would have sold three years ago.

Jessica Chastain for YSL manifesto by Mert & Marcus
As if that wasn't enough he chose a cast of stars to feature in the new adds. I'm sorry, I love
Courtney Love, I love Kim Gordon and I even like Marilyn Manson. But they're not the right faces for Saint Laurent. Marilyn Mason doesn't scream luxury. Courtney Love doesn't scream luxury at all.

Something is very wrong in that company. They chose Jessica Chastain to be the face of the fragrance and then they put Courtney Love and Marylin Manson on the adds? WTF? It looks like they're trying to sell two productos from two different houses. It's insane, it makes no sense.

But I guess Saint Laurent can take all these attacks from Slimane. Saint Laurent is a house full of history and even if Hedi is making all this changes people will still think of Saint Laurent as something luxurious. But I wonder how many hits can the house takes. Eventually the ship that Yves once build and drove is going to sink. Unless somebody stops captain Slimane.

And some other issue I don't quite understand: why the fuck did they change the logo from everything except the beauty products? Guess they didn't let Hedi touch where the money is...


///

1 comentário:

  1. stop hating on saint laurent, bitch. SLP is WEARABLE LUXURY! -.- #teamhedi

    ResponderEliminar