THE NEW PRINCES



Left to right: Kim Jones and Olivier Rousteing
I've been thinking about saying something about these two for a long time and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. They are the most amazing hirings of the year. Kim Jones at Louis Vuitton Menswear was just the thing LV was missing. His collections were wonderful and I never in my whole life wanted to have so many LV pieces. His interpretation of the Vuitton man is refreshing, contemporary and very, very desirable. I want it all.
Then we have the big revelation. Yeah, you read right. Olivier Rouseing for me is a revelation. No one expected anything from him and he hit us right in the face. And he proves that young people can do great work, you just got to let them work! The former Christophe Decarnin assistant showed he had the vision and knowledge to stay and lead the house of Balmain to a greater path. Obsessed doesn't even begin to describe my love for his designs. His past collections were everything Balmain nowadays should be. And you will never hear this from me again but those brow cuts are so sexy! I never thought someone could pull it off. But he definitely can. 
Congratulations to them both, can't wait to see more collections!


///