NEWS FROM THE WORLD

Sky Ferreira by Hedi Slimane for Saint Laurent Pre Fall Lookbook
I will always have a special place in my heart for Hedi Slimane's photography. I will forever be in love with what he's in love. I love Sky, I love Hedi's pictures. I'm just going to say this (maybe I'm going to swallow my words after his next collection): Hedi Slimane at YSL was not a good choice. The brand is dying. It was dying with Pilati and it's dying with Slimane. It's just too cool for school. And I get it, that's Hedi's style, but this is fucking Yves Saint Laurent legacy! Pilati's designs were boring but at least they respected the history and made sense. Now this? Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but this is not the concept of Saint Laurent. It's not enough watching Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli destroy Valentino I still need to live through Hedi Slimane recreating Saint Laurent. So I'm forever stuck in love/hate limbo. I love the pictures, I love Sky, I love the clothes but I hate what he's doing to Saint Laurent. I just want to hate it but I can't.
Another interesting topic is that the look books season after season are starting to look like editorials. And editorials are starting to look like look books. Is it really necessary? I don't really care. I kind of like the idea of making it more than a look book. It's not as easy to see the clothes but who cares... Anyway, this is getting huge. Ok, bye.


///

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário